Things I Learned On June 05, 2016:-
– Everybody Has A Different Perspective For Doing Different Things.
– That Awesome Moment When You Do Good Things Not For An Appreciation But For A Cause.
– You Can Run Your Day If You Choose To Do So.
– Knowing About Right Or Wrong Is Not Enough. You Must Make Other People Aware About The Same.
– Ego Is Nothing But I, Me or Myself. That One Moment When You Make An Attempt To Take Someone’s Ego From Their Work, They Are Likely To Resist. (Lesson Credits: Anonymous Guy At Rahagiri)
– If You Ever Feel That Your Actions May Not Make A Difference, Just Do Them, You Will Know It By Yourself. (Lesson Credits: Poonam)
– You May Not Be Doing What Others Do. But You Can Definitely Respect What Is Important To Others. (Lesson Credits: Anonymous Guy At Rahagiri)
They say, “Either You Run The Day Or The Day Runs You.”
Today, I actually applied it into my own life. The Day asked me to be present at office at 7:00 a.m.
But I clearly told it, “No I must be at Rahagiri between 7:00 – 9:30 a.m.”
I simply made a call to my Boss and requested him if I could reach at office at 11:30 a.m. I was amazed to see the kind of cooperation he showed. He even agreed to give me a complete off for today but still I didn’t want to misuse his leniency. Hence, I agreed to be at office at 11:30 a.m.
The Moment I reached at Rahagiri, I wondered how I would locate the volunteers of “Because I Am A Girl Who Cares?” But it was quite easy to determine where they were.
As soon as I got there, I started working with rest of the volunteers. Prachi was making people aware about our Protest and I was also told to do the same. But the kind of enthusiasm I noticed in her voice, I couldn’t find it in mine. I felt, “To Write Is Easy, But To Speak Is Where The Game Begins.” That Moment I realized that, “Knowing About Right Or Wrong Is Not Just Enough, You Must Make People Aware About The Same.”
Meanwhile I noticed a stranger, saying to one of our volunteers, “What Difference It Makes?”
She replied with a smile,”It Does Make A Difference. If by wondering that the end result will not be fruitful, we don’t try, it will not make a difference at all. We must at least put our efforts into it, it will definitely make a difference.”
This situation reminded me a story of a man at sea shore and the thousand of fishes. (P.S.I will share that story, shortly.)
That Moment just boosted me to go and make a difference. I am thankful to that female volunteer for the same. I felt that it doesn’t matter if I don’t sound that dominating like Prachi but at least our voice will reach to at least a single person who would show his presence at India Gate on 7th June.
This particular activity gave me an opportunity to observe hundreds of people and to see the reactions of different people to one good thing. Negative reactions passed by but our level of motivation was on peak.
The activity came to an end but its result is still pending as the outcome of our efforts of the past and current day will be seen on June 7, 2016.
I hereby thank all the volunteers of “Because I Am A Girl Who Cares?”, who gave me an opportunity to be a part of today’s event and especially Saif Ulla Shariff Sir without whom, it couldn’t have been possible.
Keep Learning ☺
Keep Sharing ☺
Keep Smiling ☺
Keep Serving ☺
Thanks & Regards